By consenting to receive Form W-2 online, a paper Form W-2 will not be generated from the University of Pittsburgh. Your consent remains in effect until you withdraw it. Consent can be withdrawn via Employee Self-Service. The following hardware and/or software is needed to access, print, and retain your Form W-2 online:
- Access to a computer with Internet access.
- The computer must comply with the minimum Employee Self-Service requirements found on the FIS website: http://www.cfo.pitt.edu/prism/useraccess.php.
- Form W-2 will be available online on or before January 31.
- An email notification will be sent to your University account when your Form W-2 is available.
- Email notification will be sent when Form W-2 is available.
- The email will include instructions to access and print your Form W-2.
- If a correction to your Form W-2 is required, a corrected form will be available online within 30 days. When the amended form is posted another email notification will generate with instructions to access and print the corrected Form W-2.
Storage & Retention
- Your Form W-2 will remain available online through December 31 of the year following the tax year to which your Form W-2 relates.
- Any corrected statements posted online will remain available through December 31 of the year following the tax year to which the statement relates or for 90 days after that posting, whichever is later.
- Consent withdrawals are effective only for future versions of Forms W-2.
- Upon withdrawal of consent, future years’ Form W-2 will be forwarded via U.S. mail to the home address on file with the University of Pittsburgh Payroll Department unless consent for electronic Forms W-2 is provided again.
- Former Employees will receive a paper copy of Form W-2 via U.S. mail to the home address on file with the University of Pittsburgh Payroll Department, even if consent was granted for online access.
- Consent revocation for online access can be done at any time through Employee Self-Service and selecting “Revoke Authorization.” A paper Form W-2 will be generated and mailed via U.S. mail to the home address on file with the University of Pittsburgh Payroll Department, effective the next tax year.