When will I be able to see the current pay period statement?
Your online pay statement will be available on your scheduled pay date.
Who CANNOT view their pay statements online?
- Terminated employees
- Employees in any unpaid or inactive status
- Employees that have not received a pay in over 45 days (access will resume with next pay)
- Student workers that have not received a pay in over 180 days (access will resume with next pay)
Who will continue to receive paper pay advices? How will it be delivered?
Employees in any unpaid or inactive status will receive a paper pay advice for any payments due.
All paper pay statements will be mailed to employees on pay day. Paper pay statements are mailed to the address listed in the payroll system. If you are in an inactive status and need to update your address, please submit a Residency Certification Form to the Payroll Department.
Can I view my online statement on any computer?
Yes. You can use any computer that has access to the internet. When using a public computer, always remember to log out of My Pitt (my.pitt.edu) and close the browser window.
Where are available computers and kiosks located in Oakland?
- Computing Lab—Basement of the Cathedral of Learning: G27
- Hillman Library
- David Lawrence Hall—Room 230 (Computing Lab)
- University Store—Fifth Ave
- Kiosks throughout the University Campus
- Payroll Dept – Craig Hall, 2nd Floor
Can I view prior pay statements?
Yes. You will be able to view pay statements for the current year and three previous years. Select a Year and a Pay Statement date from the drop down boxes at the top of your screen.
Can anyone else view my pay statements?
No. PRISM is a secure system. Remember to choose a strong password and never write down or tell anyone your password. For additional security policies and guidelines, please review the University’s Security Guidelines.
I see “REVERSED” in the “Select a Pay Statement” drop-down box. What does that mean?
The word reversed means that the pay statement you are viewing was voided and/or reversed and may not reflect a valid payment to you. Voids/reversals may occur, as an example:
- If the payment was incorrect
- If the net amount was reissued by a replacement check due to either a lost check or an incorrect direct deposit account. Replacement checks dated prior to 2015 are not available to view online.
What happens if I leave the University (Terminate)?
When you leave the University, you will no longer have access to My Pitt (my.pitt.edu) and the PRISM system. If there are any final payments due to you, a paper statement will be generated and mailed to the address listed in the payroll system.