Year End Information

Postdoctoral Scholar 0

The University does not withhold taxes or report your fellowship or training grant on a W-2. However, unless you are a candidate for a degree and use the fellowship to pay for qualified educational expenses, the fellowship is considered taxable income to you. IRS Publication 970 provides details on the taxability of fellowships.

If your pay statement reflects that you received other compensation for services performed during the calendar year in addition to your fellowship or training grant, these earnings will be reported to you on a W-2.

Foreign Nationals seeking year end information should refer to the Global Pay section for information.